Gowda wrote: "We in India have always had the highest regard for Dr. Jagan. She showed us that the eradication of poverty, the empowerment of women, and a sustainable future for our planet are all essential building blocks of a more just and peaceful world. Nothing is more painful in this world than losing someone you love so dearly. You will never die. Perhaps because she was always advocating for something better, she did not stop often enough to reflect on how she had already made the world a better place. Your mothers memories will be treasured in this organization and further. She was a team leader. Please know that your brother was a great man who was admired by many. May her soul rest in eternal peace. Your father will be missed. Her passion and commitment have moved countless people to take action to improve their communities. This portable projector plays your movies in crisp, high-contrast, 1080p detailno matter where you are. Your friend was a force to reckon with. Name: Debasis Patnaik, Sydney, Australia. Reuters. India lost a great soul & the finest politician. Never forget, you have friends who love you. You were and will always remain an immense inspiration. The Greenbelt movement, which she founded in 1977 and which she lead for more than 30 years, thus combined the war against poverty, the fight against corruption, teaching as well as reforestation and the fight against desertification. My heartfelt condolences. Homer Simpson takes advantage of this position when he and the rest of his fellow puny earthlings are enslaved in service of President Kang, a giant green alien who wins the 1996 election after Homer accidentally ejects Bill Clinton and Bob Dole into outer space, leaving the electorate to decide between Kang and his identical partner, Kodos. But as she passes from this life, those of us who are left behind can see all that she achieved. The world mourns with you and celebrates the extraordinary life of this remarkable woman who devoted her life to peacefully protecting what she called our common home and future.. Praying for the deceased soul. What distinguished him from others was that special ability to understand the central contradiction of the times, to grasp the most critical question of the day and ably articulate them in a simple and understandable way. She was an inspiration to so many of us, far beyond the African continent. History will rightly record her most celebrated accomplishments, including that she was the first African woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize. Environmentalists everywhere are the poorer but the good lord will provide and prosper Wangaris dreams and aspirations. Condolences from World Leaders and Friends The following tributes from world leaders to Professor Wangari Maathai have been received. Were not bumfuzzled. Wangaris fearless strength in adversity, her creative approach to building a peaceful, healthy planet and her hard work to inspire and empower women will live on. The deep sympathy of the Norwegian Government is hereby conveyed to professor Mathaais family, close friends and colleagues and to the Kenyan people for this significant and painful loss. We appeal to the government to honour Prof. Wangari Maathai by renaming Karura Forest to Wangari Maathai Forest. It's an honour to remain your best friend until your last moments. When a boss dies, the gap is felt by the people that looked up to him. Professor, the youth who you inspired say Hongera for the great achievement you made, Rest in Peace. Your legacy will live with WCK! Ambassador Margit Hellwig-Boette Ambassador of Germany On behalf of the people of Germany, I would like to convey my heartfelt condolences to the family of Wangari Maathai, to the Green Belt Movement and to all Kenyans. He was an inspiration for those who dared to dream that a new human order could be created in the world, based on mutual respect and partnership. Senior Congress Leader and party's top strategist Ahmed Patel passed away on Wednesday due to multiple organs failure. Hon. Dr. Jagan has repeatedly demonstrated this quality and it was this, among others, that endeared him to his people and sustained his popularity among the masses for five decades. Movies: Now more than ever. A boss is a leader whether they were governing a small group of people or a huge corporation. From its founding in her native Kenya 34 years ago, her Green Belt Movement spread like the roots of the 40 million trees it planted, making her a world-leading advocate not just for conservation, but for democracy, the rights of women and many other important causes. Let the memories of your brother bring you some comfort. King Charles remarked to Sinn Fin deputy leader Michelle O'Neill how her party, was now the largest at Stormont when the Speaker quickly jumped in and said "don't tell Jeffrey" - a reference to . RIP. Former Vice President Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka Professor Wangari Maathai has been our icon nationally, regionally and internationally. ", Cubas President Fidel Castro said in his message that he was "deeply grieved by the sad news." Our prayers and thoughts are with your family during this painful time that you have lost your husband. The head of Turkey's main opposition party on Thursday sent a condolence letter to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, whose country was also devastated by the Feb. 6 earthquake, saying . Here are some of those messages. This is one of her very important contributions. It was with great sadness that we learned today of the passing of this exceptional environmental activist. See you in heaven, partner. Rest in Peace the DAUGHTER OF THE UNIVERSE The true warrior. Rest in peace. Here are some examples of condolence messages you can send to a colleague who has recently lost their parent: Extending my deepest sympathies for the loss of your [mother/father]. Arun Jaitley's demise triggered a wave of shock and grief with leaders cutting across political spectrum . Patel (71) passed away on Wednesday, Nov. 25, 2020, at a Delhi hospital due to multiple organ failure more than a month after he was tested positive for COVID-19. Your daughter was a legend. In a real sense, much of the history of this land over the last half a century is what Cheddi Jagan endured, did and achieved. Please accept my condolences. The loss of your brother profoundly saddens me. When we lose a loved one here on earth, we gain an angel in heaven that watches us. There is no Caribbean leader who has been so frequently cheated of office; none who has been so grossly misrepresented, and no one who, in spite of such adversity, was his equal in certainty of purpose and the capacity to go on and on until his time had come to take leave of us. But we also spent many quieter moments talking about injustices in the world, and the need for strong international leadership to combat them. Today you may be leaving this earth without me, but someday I will meet you there. When the death of a renowned person occurs, the masses feel sad and mourn with the family. Along the way, they pick up George Hanson (Jack Nicholson), a friendly, liberal lawyer whos the black sheep of his good Southern family. Homer, Marge, and the rest of Springfields inhabitants will likely live out their days toiling to build a giant ray-gun for Kang, but at least Homer can take comfort in the knowledge that Kodos never would have done such a thing. Lastly, a letter of condolence to the parents of the deceased is always difficult. We hope that his family is surrounded by love. Regular protagonist Stan Marsh, realizing the whole election is a sham and objecting to both candidates, attempts to register a protest by not voting, but the whole town vilifies him, then exiles him. Dr. Willy Mutunga Chief Justice of KenyaAluta Continua Comrade Wangari Mpendwa, R.I.P. He was born a leader. You have my deepest sympathy for your loss. I don't remember when was the last time I cried this much. His/her absence will always be felt, but your memories will comfort you in times of grief. Natasha Jagan Brancier (Cheddi Jagan's granddaughter). It is with great sadness that I learned today of Wangari Maathai's passing. With teardrops running down my face, I bid you farewell. Her passion shone through in everything she did, from her work on womens equality to her tireless championing of the rainforests. This will never be forgotten. And in my own personal experience, I know no other Caribbean leader with whom sharp and wide disagreement could also be the occasion for warm and fraternal embrace. For the full statement, click here. Our condolences go to Professor Maathai's family, to the people of Kenya, and to the countless women (and men) across Africa and the world to whom she was an inspiration. We were saddened to hear of your loss. I would like to express, in the name of France, my most sincere condolences to her family, to her relatives and to the Kenyan people. We were sad to hear the news about your father's passing. Caricom Chairman, Lester Bird said in his message that Cheddi Jagan was no "colonial stooge. No man did more to set his country free. Please know that your father was a leader held in high regard by everyone. We shall all miss her. We may earn a commission from links on this page. And, she found her true passion as the founder of the Green Belt Movement. I, like so many others, will miss her more than it is possible to describe and send my most heartfelt condolences to her children and to everyone who knew her, loved her and depended upon her. Condolences to his family! There are few people who have had such a profound impact on the future direction of humanity than Wangari Maathai. Your father was one of the nicest people I know, and I know that he was a great director too. 10. I had a great admiration for her unwavering engagement for social justice and the protection of the environment. I commit myself to continue the struggle so that our forests are protected against logging and the shamba system. I knew her for many years as a good person who has done a lot for this country Kenya. Dr. Isaac Maragia Assistant Commissioner of Kenya Revenue AuthorityMama Prof. W. Maathai was truly a daughter of Africa who inspired us. We shall be remembering her always. [Name], I am so sorry that your [parent, sister, cousin, nephew, etc. Hon. Don't be too casual with the message unless you were close friends with the boss. We have all lost an icon. May your sister rest in peace. Truly sorry for your loss. It is with a great emotion and deep sadness that I have learnt about the death, yesterday, of Mrs Wangari Maathai, Nobel Peace Laureate. Thats democracy for you. Mr. No matter wherever he is, hell always be watching over you. I was deeply saddened to hear about your [mother's/father's] passing. Thank you!! Her tireless commitment to humanity was evident in everything she didfrom planting trees and listening to women in refugee camps to amplifying the voices of the disempowered to leaders and decision makers around the globe. Today the pain of losing you is difficult to bear because this world needed you for some more years. I never knew just how painful goodbyes were until death took you away from me. Bajaj was not keeping well . ", Read all the messages sent into "The Dr. Cheddi Jagan Condolence Book" While others deployed their power and life force to damage, degrade and extract short term profit from the environment, she used hers to stand in their way, mobilize communities and to argue for conservation and sustainable development over destruction. Tributes and condolence messages poured in from business and political leaders for former chairman of the Bajaj Group Rahul Bajaj who passed away in Pune on Saturday. He was an upright leader, for they will give you the strength to carry on. They illustrate the kind of man, Cheddi Jagan was to his supporters, his peers and to his opponents: The people of Guyana: "He was the Mahatma Gandhi of Guyana." "He left us with hope and inspiration." Many people struggle with how to say sorry for their loss professionally. Current and former politicians from the U.S. and abroad mourned Albright's . They illustrate the kind of man, Cheddi Jagan was to his supporters, his peers and to his opponents: The people of Guyana: "He was the Mahatma Gandhi of Guyana." May God keep her soul in eternal peace. The estranged wife and moral compass of an aircraft magnate and political naf who's been manipulated into running for president, Mary Matthews (Katharine Hepburn) issues this supreme burn to the. I was honored to meet Professor Wangari Maathai in Nairobi just over a year ago, and like millions of others was saddened to learn today of her passing. Nancy Baraza Deputy Chief JusticeFare thee well. Our deepest sympathies, friend. Margaret Otieno Chief Executive Officer, Wildlife Clubs of KenyaThe governing council, members and staff of Wildlife Clubs of Kenya (WCK) in the spirit of conservation, pay tribute to a great lady in honour of her care and passion for our environment and concern for the future generations. 3. ", Prime Minister of Barbados, Owen Arthur, remembered him as a "quiet, warn, dignified and charismatic person He was a true champion of Third World Solidarity and development I shall surely miss his wise and sober counsel I will direct that all flags be flown at half-mast in Barbados on the day of his funeral", Grenadas Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Mitchell said: "He showed genuine love for all Caribbean peoples and was the champion for the working class in the country and has been consistently so throughout his entire life. 4. He was indeed God sent. A Warrior Falls - The Death of President Cheddi Jagan, Read all the messages sent into "The Dr. Cheddi Jagan Condolence Book" I pray that God rest his soul in peace. He was wise beyond his years. The venue was full of young people and I watched in awe as she conveyed to them her extraordinary passion about the environment in general and the need for climate fairness and justice in particular. WCK vows to continue on your noble work and will embrace the objectives of the Green Belt Movement in Kenya and beyond. With love and friendship. You brought the power of your presence, your compassion and your position to some of the most vital humanitarian issues of our time. ", United States President, Bill Clinton wrote: "President Jagan was a champion of the poor who devoted himself to alleviating poverty in his country and throughout the Caribbean.". I know you are hurting. Sending my heartfelt sympathies. She was a one-of-a-kind team leader. She was highly respected and admired not only for her pioneer work for environmental protection and sustainable development, but also for her work for womens rights and democracy. You can share religious sympathy messages that are only two words long. A child's death is a parent's worst nightmare, so sharing your heartfelt sympathies is very meaningful. Our company has lost a hero. The news of Shinzo Abe's assassination has prompted messages of shock and condolences from foreign leaders, many of whom worked with Abe during the former Prime Minister's long tenure. May fond memories of your sister bring you comfort during this challenging time in your life. I will forever love you. You are already subscribed to our newsletter! Your memories will always stay with me no matter where I go and what I do! I am sending my deep and heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. Our sincere sympathies for the death of your husband. ", Edward Seaga, Leader of the Opposition in Jamaica wrote: "His integrity and deep commitment to principles in which he believed made him an outstanding figure in the political spectrum. Be the first to get hottest news from our Editor-in-Chief, Check your email and confirm your subscription. So sorry to hear of the passing of a great boss. In the end, he breaks down and votes just to go along with the crowd, delivering a final weary objection with this quote. Receive my condolences. We only wish you are still here to help Ugandans fight to protect Mabira forest! She forged new ground for women in Kenya helping shatter what we would call the "glass ceiling" in the United States. An exceptional woman has just left us. Your loss is painful, and it is challenging to come through such times. We just lost a vote. In politics, she will be remembered for the role she played in agitating for political reforms that paved the way for the countrys second liberation. Condolence message on death of a president is written differently compared to condolence message of a friend. For the full statement, click here. I am so much broken, but I will pray for your departed soul in every moment of my life. It is a tribute to her passionate determination that so many people feel such a deep sense of loss at her passing. May you rest in peace and always feel our love and respect. Her uncompromising stand in trying to ensure that ECOSOCC was an independent and Civil Society voice within the African Union might have not found favour with some but remains the invaluable legacy she leaves us with, to ponder and nurture. Prof. Nathan Kahara Chairman, Former Mayors International Former Mayors international represented by Prof. Nathan Kahara (Chairman) and Dr. Joe Aketch (Secretary General) send our condolences and also celebrate the life of a very special leader, humanitarian and conservationist. Professor Maathai contributed over many decades to furthering the ideals and objectives of the United Nations. My heart goes out to you on the passing of your brother. And that Guyanese and Caribbean People have lost "one of their most outstanding figures. Our chairman was a fantastic person to have around. Sumiko Kito Japan Broadcasting Corp Thank you Dr. Wangari Maathai, people of Japan will not forget you for the encouragements you gave us and many movements you have started in our country. Her understanding of the link between human poverty and the quality of the natural environment undoubtedly influenced a generation of environmentalists and policymakers. 7. This portable projector plays your movies in crisp, high-contrast, 1080p detailno matter where you are. More than that, he was a born leader, a tireless fighter for his people, as well as a gentle, courteous man who combined charisma with compassion. Rest in peace Dr Wangari Maathai. Our condolences go to Professor Maathai's family, to the people of Kenya, and to the countless women (and men) across Africa and the world to whom she was an inspiration. For more, click here. Winning the Nobel Peace Prize seven years ago reflected a lifetime's battle against vested interests and political pressure to raise awareness of environmental responsibility and help protect our planet for future generations. Of course he would have scoffed at such suggestions He would have wanted to work hard to the end. May your soul rest in peace and your legacy live on. ", The Cuban Federation of Women wrote: "the Cuban people and particularly the women will always remember Cheddi Jagan as an untireable struggler for social justice and independence..". It is a deeply distressing and painful loss, not only to the environmental movement globally but also to the social justice movement. Dr. Achim Steiner UNEP Executive DirectorOn behalf of the United Nation Environment Programme and all our staff, we pay our respect to our leader and inspiration Wangari Maathai. We are saddened to hear of your loss. Please accept my condolences. ", Guyana's Bishop Randolph George wrote: "He was one of natures own noblemen. We do so with deep gratitude and appreciation for the friendship she offered to so many of us over the years. If your candidate goes down in flames, though, this quote is useful for pointing out that the other guys victory implies something unsavory about him all on its own. My deepest sympathies for the loss of your husband. Wishing you peace during this difficult time. In all situationswhether on the public stage or away from the camerasWangaris passion for justice, and her deep desire for a better, fairer world shone through. "He showed by example what can be achieved through honesty, integrity, dedication and commitment.". Cregg, The West WingAllison Janney earned a fandom with her portrayal of West Wings White House Press Secretary C.J., a brisk, smart, no-nonsense professional with a talent for clever phrasing and no-nonsense rebuttals. He will be missed for his goodness in life. An ardent defender of the environment, she linked her fight against deforestation, which began in the 1970s, to the fight for democracy and justice, to the defense of human rights and the promotion of equality between men and women. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy for this unfortunate event. What an exceptional person the chairman was. I pray for your departed soul! You have left a legacy for us to protect and preserve Mother Nature for the future generations. The loss of a boss like you is something that can never be recovered. ", The Womens Progressive Organisation (Guyana) the womens section of the People's Progressive Party wrote: "The WPO in this sorrowful period, wishes to acknowledge the great contribution our great and beloved leader made towards the Guyanese nation. We mourn but celebrate you as our pearl and treasure. For the full statement, click here. invading celebrities' privacy,
Kenneth Copeland Trump, Disadvantages Of Superpath Hip Replacement, Possession Syndrome Symptoms, What Is The Maestro Jimson Title, Articles C