Morgan is derived from the Welsh mor (sea) combined with cant (circle), making it a perfect witch surname for a sea-lover. If so, how do you honor them? If youre an Eastey, perhaps youll inherit Marys strength and unwavering faith. I see Bishop listed. king Robert De Bruce is my 21st great grandfather. Pinterest. Do you have a family tree you can access? The witch association comes from Maria Pauer the last person executed for witchcraft in Austria. Before diving into your familys history and comparing to the witch bloodline names below, In the last article Ancestral Witchcraft article, we listed off the names of the Salem witches. Nutters tragic story has been used in several novels and plays. First-born witches in this bloodline possess devastating power.Dahlia to Klaus in City Beneath The Sea Dahlia and Esther's Family is an ancient bloodline of very powerful Nordic witches that goes back at least a thousand years, and is notable for boasting not one but two witches who have been stated to be among the "most powerful in history". Harry Potter is a kind and powerful wizard who sacrifices himself to save others from evil. Barker is a historical last name for witches, associated with a prominent family accused of witchcraft during the 1692 trials in Andover, Massachusetts. Merry meet!!!! I have some gifts through my Ayers family lineage. Marceline the Vampire Queen from Adventure Time. I am a porter and my dads side comes right from Scotland. They were often documented as "a young girl of nine", "the prettiest woman in town . It was traditionally used as a nickname for hunchbacks. 70+ Best Male Witch and Warlock Names | LoveToKnow Aine - "Radiance." Queen of the fairies in Celtic lore. He was known as the Witches' Advocate, even though he was among the Spanish inquisitors involved in the largest witch hunt in history, which took place in Navarre during the early 17th century. To German witcheshexenthe Harz highlands of northern Germany is home, a mountain range steeped in pagan lore. Bien was originally an occupational name for a beekeeper or a nickname for a hardworking person (whose as busy as a bee.) For witches, the name has a dark past, associated with Merga Bien a German woman killed by fire after she was convicted of witchcraft at the Fulda witch trials. Associated names are Blackburn, Vannoy, and Bishop, and Langford. She was accused of witchcraft by local priests but was so well-liked she was eventually released. She was a Dutch immigrant and my older ancestors where Cherokee I know they go back to the trail of tears and further my maiden name is Wilson I have very strong natural born gifts but struggling to find my way through this awakening. He was described as a confident, strong-willed, and well-built man, noted for his cleverness and super-human strength. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. She inspired the poem The Witchs Daughter by John Greenleaf Whittier. Perhaps you will embrace the magic inside you, too. 100+ Pagan or Witch names and their meanings - Grove and Grotto It also helps if you have a general idea of where your family originates. Of the estimated 90,000 individuals prosecuted for witchcraft in Europe, at least 30,000 and possibly as many as 45,000 came from the Germanies, roughly encompassed at the time by the Holy Roman Empire and nearby territories. german witch trials names - Babe-Bolyai University Rasputin is a well-known surname in the magical community, associated with a 19th-century holy man and mage who was highly influential in late Imperial Russia. That said to get to that state of being is up to you to find, it could be one simple thing to achieve it or a combine of things. Thanks, A famous bearer is Dion Fortune, a British occultist who co-founded a magical society called the Fraternity of the Inner Light. During the Salem witch trials, Wilmot Redd was executed for witchcraft for allegedly bewitching several children. I dont know if this is true or not, because my grandmother on my dads side was brutally murdered on Halloween night, & this was before I was born!!! Please can you help , Im interested in unlocking my inner self . Read on to discover 100 awesome witch last names fit for a mage! The witch trials in Early Modern Europeincluded the Basque witch trialsin Spain, the Fulda witch trialsin Germany, the North Berwick witch trialsin Scotland, and the Torsker witch trialsin Sweden. American German Shepherd Bloodline: The American line is the Americanized version of the classic GSD from Germany. The cinnamon being worth a lot makes sense to me! Not fully a knower on the chi subject as of yet but yes a believer. He and his wife Sarah were accused of witchcraft and executed. Google it. Bloodline Name Generator. German and Swiss Witch Bloodline Names | Book writing tips, Writing a She is said to have foretold many events, such as the Great Plague of London, the execution of Mary Queen of Scots, and the internet. By Courtney Henderson. Davidson Name Meaning & Davidson Family History at Ancestry.com Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries. About 65 percent of the accused were over the age of 40. Mar is an attractive option among our surnames for witches, with roots in Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, France, Germany, Portugal, and Spain. Just in time for Witch's Night (Halloween that is, not Walpurgisnacht),Londons Wellcome Library, which specializes in medical text and history, has digitizedManuscript 3658, Names of Witches in Scotland, 1658. You have to remember when researching that many families changed the spellings of their names when they immigrated to the US. A bearer was Catherine Monvoisin a French fortune teller and poisoner hired by the aristocracy to enact black magic. Newton is a famous option among our witch last names, associated with Florence Newton, AKA the Witch of Youghal. It seems like Im related to the Sampson family Ive always heard that strange call from Scotland in my heart, dunno why, because Im French. Pennsylvania had the highest population of Weiss families in 1840. When you shop through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Because you know if you back up everything is one. Heir, Maximilian I, and one man was pressed witch cake is n't as appetising as it.. If your last name is Barker, you could have a long bloodline of witches in your past. I do believe we all have the ability to change, manipulate,control or cast our will upon people objects things etc. But an approximately 350-year-old manuscript published online for the first time can reveal another fascinating detail about one's family history: whether any ancestors were accused of practicingwitchcraft. Velzquez is derived from the given name Velasco a medieval Spanish title possibly from a word meaning crow in Basque. Witch Bloodline Names from Salem, Scotland and More. If your surname is Osborne, you may have magic in your bloodline. A bailiff in her town went hunting and shot a fox, who got away. A suitable surname for a witch with Spanish ancestry. If your surname is Le Fay, you can choose your own destiny. Listen to their music. Gerald FitzGerald, the 8th Earl of Kildare, was a rumored shapeshifter and sorcerer of the dark arts. It has nothing to do with your bloodline or ancestry and is not biologically inherited. Born Empath, Ive always FELT different. Thank you for sharing!!! Witch Kitsch and Dark History in Germany's Harz Mountains - Atlas Obscura East German vs. West German Shepherd Bloodlines. Mary had many friends who testified on her behalf, preventing her execution. 100 Unique Dutch Family Names (Using Places, People, & History), 100 Famous British Last Names (To Strike Your Fancy), 100 Famous Roman Last Names (From Classical to Mythical). Record your findings in your journal, BOS, or in your family tree! Writing Jezda into the final installment of my Poland-inspired YA trilogy, Castle on the River Vistula, I decided to keep her fearsome, exulting in the delicious power of being monstrous. I am an Ayres, my last name has been changed repeatedly between Ayres and Ayers over the years. Martha Carrier was one of the first people accused of witchcraft during the Salem witch trials by a group of adolescents known as the Salem Girls. Hello Lisa, if youre the Blair i think you are, notice the name Weir! She was a beloved member of her community who often attended to the sick, helped prisoners, and educated women. Also its not a religion, no worship to Gods and dieties, that is the persons personal beliefs. 330+ Creepiest Witch Last Names & History Behind Them Jun 27, 2022 - Have you wondered if you descend from witches? The daughter managed to escape, but the mother, Janet Horne, was killed by fire. Redd is a creepy last name for a witch interested in dark sorcery or blood magic. I had to break the articles up into pieces Europe is a large continent. And rather impressive. Do you know anything about the bruce lineage in the trials? A Cunningham witch could have a way with magic (and with words). Cuchulain in Battle" by Joseph Christian Leyendecker (1874 - 1951) shows the famous Irish warrior flanked by a crow, often thought to be a manifestation of the Morrgan or badh. [] store-bought, etc. Everyone has at least ONE of these magical people in their heritage, whether we can find proof of it or not. I am related to Bruce as well. The Royal Family of Denmark. He founded the occult religion of Thelema and made himself the prophet. Earlys witch association comes from Biddy Early a talented Irish herbalist who healed people and animals. Jelajahi. NightshadeA formidable witch from a long line. Some modern Wiccans honor Aradia as the Queen of the Witches. Cook the food your ancestors might have cooked. Hex Doctors and Witchcraft of the Pennsylvania Dutch Country Evil Witch Names Bellatrix It's difficult to compile a list of evil witches without adding the name Bellatrix. Buy Book Anunnaki Legacy of the Gods (Anunnaki Gods No More) Note: the Adam's were of lighter skin tones than were the hybrids known as the Woman `Eve'.The Adams and the Eves all naturally have Rh-positive blood, connecting them to the Earth. Privacy Statement She was initially found guilty and sentenced to death but later confessed, saving her life. The book goes in and shows in detail how the inhabitants of the British Isles came originally from Egypt. Never witnessed her using it when all was normal or happy moments. Therefore if the forefathers didn't reside in Salem, however, live somewhere else regarding U.S., you may find they right here! Masuk. My mothers maiden name was Parker, her father was from the Rhondda , her Mother was a Gilbert /Hancock from Devon and came from a long line of what my grandmother called mystics . If you have one of the Salem witches names in your family, you could be a descendant from the Salem witch bloodline. Giles Corey and his wife, Martha Corey, were accused of witchcraft during the Salem witch trials. The test judged whetherthose believed to be witches (or criminals) were guilty bytying them up and then tossing theminto water. From Salem: bishop and Scott They provide insight into the life and beliefs of individuals who chose them, as well as a unique viewpoint on the history of witchcraft. I am a medium, and I feel that she never wanted any part of those trials, and had great sympathy for those who perished. Known as "Koschei the Deathless", he is portrayed as an evil and powerful wizard who cannot be killed by traditional means since his soul is hidden inside an object, often an egg nested inside other protective objects. If you are going to mention Salem I find it a little odd that you wouldnt mention any of the family names related to that trial. She was the only member of the nobility executed for sorcery in Denmark. Norton is a well-suited surname for a sorceress, given its connection to Rosaleen Norton an Australian witch also known as the Witch of King Cross who led her own coven. A true witch who lived after being accused of witchcraft. Waterhouse was initially a locational name for a house by a lake, river, or ocean. Bradbury is a charming last name for witches, associated with Mary Bradbury a Salem witch who was said to transform into a blue boar and cast spells over ships. The most notable were Mary Parker, a 55-year-old widow, and Alice Parker, a fishermans wife, both accused of using sorcery against their neighbors. She claimed to have learned occult powers from her mistress in Barbados, who taught her how to ward off evil spirits. Kids Start Forgetting Early Childhood Around Age 7, Archaeologists Discover Wooden Spikes Described by Julius Caesar, Artificial Sweetener Tied to Risk of Heart Attack and Stroke, Study Finds, Rare Jurassic-Era Insect Discovered at Arkansas Walmart. Google last name carrier origins and usually the results will tell you other forms of the name. While that is traditionally true, a lot of families chose to keep that as a surname for many generations especially if they moved somewhere else. | READ MORE. My kids were watching Harry Potter when I found out and researched our family tree- cant make this stuff up! This list seems to me that the real witches may not be named.. She is one of my ancestors from Salem, along with Phobe Dane, Abigail Faulkner, Deliverance Dane, Mary Clement Osgood, Samuel Wardell, Elizabeth Sacherell Kendall, Lydia Ballet, and Mary Greene. "The Curse of Canaan" is an interesting book along with its mate The World Order by Eustice Mullins. If not, what you'll do is write down your family's last names - your last name (which is typically your father's), your mothe. A well-known bearer was Ann Hibbins a woman executed for witchcraft in Boston before the Salem witch trials. Damba the German and Swiss witch bloodlines below westerstetten seems to have membership. There are strong advocates on both sides of the fence, many Traditional witches believe firmly in bloodline, others believe a witch is made but by formal initiation by another witch. Polish Witchcraft - Black Witch Coven Literally anyone can make up a poem using Blue Ivy's name to "prove" her Illuminati status. If you have ancestors from New England, Maryland, Louisiana, the Carolinas, the. Italy and surrounding Mediterranean countries also had their fair share of Witch Trials and executions. Today the German shepherd breed is used in variety of jobs, protection, detection . It was initially a surname for someone residing by the sea. Please kook into the Polish/Ukrainian Lango line. But I believe you dont necessarily need outside help ,the answer lies within your ownself to unblocking your chakras look deeper within while concentrating on freeing your mind or opening your third eye or pineal glanddeeper meditation or trance state of being is what will allow you what you seek. Hello, family. A spooky name twinged with a very dark past. Maria Singers room was searched, and they found poisons, ointments, and strange robes. Actually I know we do. If youve ever wondered if you descend from a line of. Most of the victims were hanged, one pressed to death with rocks. She was accused of witchcraft after she told King James VI what he had said to his wife on his wedding night, which she could not have known. If you have Italian or Mediterranean surnames in your family, check this list: So you found one of your familial names on the witch bloodline names listnow what? Gemini I know you willI wonder do you have blue eyes? Dahlia and Esther's Family Bloodline - The Vampire Diaries Wiki A mystical bearer was Doreen Valiente, an English Wiccan often revered as the Mother of Modern Witchcraft. An excellent surname for a powerful witch who will make great strides in the witching community. The ledger records all the men and women accused of witchcraft in Scotland in between 1658 and 1662, during the apex of a century-long witch scare. It is possible that some of these people were witches at the most basic level because some were considered wise men or women who used herbs to heal and divination to help find lost objects, etc. Despite Samantha Stephens having strong magical powers, she gives them up for an ordinary mortal life. In the series, Geillis was an evil sorceress whose interest in herbal healing turned into much darker magical practices. Can anyone tell me if I am from a witch bloodline? Ive also included last names of well-known twentieth century English witches. Also from Appalachian and Ozark folklore books. A word to the wise dont mess with someone with the surname Monvoisin! The witch association comes from Ann Glover the last person executed for witchcraft in Boston. Hi Maggie! & yet no Bennett or Brown. They must overcome prejudice and a curse on their ultimate quest to find love. Reoch is derived from the Scottish Gaelic riabhach (brindled, grayish), originally used as a nickname for someone with streaks of gray hair. Her witch trial was the most prominent in 17th-century Ireland. Witch-hunts increased again in the 17th century. I have Parker and porter in my lineage , My birth fathers birth family hails from West Virginia Im told I have a ancestor on the hanging side but am curious to see if I share bloodline with Mary Parker and Alice Parker. Burroughs is a strong surname for a powerful sorcerer. Its often associated with Samatha Stephens a fictional witch from the popular American fantasy sitcom, Bewitched. An excellent surname for a well-liked witch. From the fifteenth to the eighteenth the centuries, many Europeans developed a heightened concern with the phenomenon of witchcraft, seeing a new sect hostile to humanity. Leckrone, from grandma on dads side witch married a Darrow, Bangham from my great grandma from my moms side that married a Fultz? I do know that there were Bruces that helped with the witch trials as well. Sampson is derived from the given name Samson a Hebrew title born by an Old Testament hero. The most notable namesake was Barbara Zdunk a Polish maid with a fondness for magic accused of burning down the German town of Rssel. Its derived from the Old English niht (night) combined with galan (to sing). Curtens is an Anglicized form of the Gaelic surname Mac Cruitn (son of Cruitin). Ireland's Witchy History: 6 Unforgettable Irish Sorcerers Rebecca Nurse was Rebecca Towne, and so was her sister Mary Easty. The WITCH HUNTS Main Page - departments.kings.edu Burroughs is a famous witch surname associated with George Burroughs the only religious leader executed for witchcraft during the Salem witch trials. Though not a witch in the most traditional sense, the Morrgan of Irish mythology's Ulster Cycle bears a name often translated to "Queen of the . Other unique options born by real-life witches are Rasputin, Toothaker, and Monvoisin. In the American fantasy series Charmed, the Halliwells are good witches who use magic to protect others from evil. This is not the sort of platform I would have ever communicate on but when needs must !! Your Privacy Rights She was accused at Salem along with her sister, Mary Bridges. The following image is a family tree of every prince, king, queen, monarch, confederation president and emperor of Germany, from Charlemagne in 800 over Louis the German in 843 through to Wilhelm II in 1918. Next youll want to build your family tree online at ancestry or elsewhere and search for an ancestor to confirm. If you have ancestors from New England, Maryland, Louisiana, the Carolinas, the Appalachians or Ozarks with any of these last names look at your family tree to determine if your ancestor might have been a witch! He escaped from jail and later wrote a detailed recollection of his trials. He was also a talented healer who often helped the sick. This is SO interesting to me! A well-known bearer was Shirley Jackson a horror and mystery author rumored to have been a witch.
Elizabeth Rogers Obituary, Which Of The Following Best Describes The Harlem Renaissance, Articles G