Would I suspect this is a defective motor? 1100 Juanita St, Austin, TX 78704 | MLS #6354744 | Zillow Are the gears engaged, in the center, behind the dial? You need that 8 hr run in just the summer . Use a power meter set on AC volts to verify the power is off, before handling the timer mechanism. Your email address will not be published. My clock seems to work but but the on and off switch does not turn on the pool pump. Hi Jeff, it could be that the terminals in the rear of the clock mechanism are fuse-welded together, and not separating like normal, when the on/off switch is flipped. Timer not tripping pump on. PF1202T Freeze Protection Control Parts - INYOPools.com If they are not moving then you have an issue. Replaced complete new timer assuming 5 years perfect service probably wore it out. Hello, newer pool guy here. Grab your torch and shine it in the holes. Since you have another switch in between the breaker and clock, the breaker will lose power when the switch is turned off. If your 120V wires are properly colored, the White wire connects to terminal A, and the Black wire connects to terminal 1. If the switch simply does not move side to side, it may be a bad clock, if you cannot see what is stopping it from moving. Is it keeping time normally? You should be able to see the gears moving. do i need to do something different? If you have both pins take notice of there position and then come back in a few hours and see if they have changed from the spot they were in when you last looked. I have an Intermatic 277/208v T104 timer controlling two 60Hz 120v outdoor lighting circuits. Off flipper always works. I bought new trippers. If so, is there power coming into the clock (on the line terminals)? Yet another reason why timers dont work properly is the yellow clock wheel is not located or seated properly. Check that the TEST button has not popped out. HELP! Also be sure that the dial is not pulled out, but is engaging the gear behind the dial. Intermatic T100 Series 40 Amp 24-Hour Outdoor Mechanical Timer with },
Now, Im going to order some additional timer clips. Is this a bad timer mechanism or loose wire? But the next morning it wont engage by itself again, it seems it sticks when getting to the point its supposed to flip on. However, the timer will stop around 10pm everyday and will not continue moving forward again. Have you any suggestions at to why I am experiencing this problem? Hi DavyI just installed a new timer after being told by the pool inspector that the old one was dead. I noticed that they had stopped. charging for timer($150.00) and filter cartridge replacement ($90.00) and a gasket($25.00)called bc of a hose leak, assume that is the gasket but then told that the other 2 parts are needed. If you cant, is the manual switch stuck or jammed? For extra safety, shut-off the Pool breaker on the main home panel too. Hi Phil, usually the OFF dog may not be fully pushed onto the dial, or if you examine it closely, it might be worn. Now it worksbut its really fast. Pump operates off schedule Power failure earlier Reset timer Breaker was OFF for some time Reset timer 4. Did the power recently go out or has the circuit breaker tripped? Many thanks! View community ranking In the Top 5% of largest communities on Reddit. To check this, carefully inspect the gears for missing teeth and make sure they all freely turn. Is there a separate switch somewhere between breaker and timer? 3 Baths. Can the pool timer be placed inside the garage to protect it from the harsh weather. It randomly loses the time that it is set to. To adjust the time you will first want to look for the time bar that is mounted in the middle of the timer wheel. Should I go ahead and spray it anyway? Hi Jere, that could be the timer motor failing. #9. I have the same issue currently, and it makes no sense to me so far. "height": "219",
Did I wire it incorrectly or did I just get a bad timer? Or the switch can suffer wear over many years, and might not make solid contact. Step 1 - Check that Timer is Functional Locate the two timer pins on your timer. I flicked the switch between on and off and it will not shut off. Repeat the process for the "on" pin. Until it came in, I manually turned on and the tripper turned it off. I looked to see if the gears on the timer are running. My pool cover is sinking into the pool because the two pillow have separated and have moved to the side. #1. Manual switch works my aerator. I can manually turn it on with the lever at the bottom. Hi there, Either that or if an older clock, the motor may be failing, or the switch mechanism worn (the part that is tripped by the tripper). You will first want to look at the pool timer and see if you have two timer pins. My intermatic timer is about two years old as well. When I turned it back on now the pool clock goes backwards. Or fold the cover to one side if needed. Hi Tom, sure you can spray some 3-in-1 or wd-40 on the motor gears, just depress the tab at 12 oclock and pop out the mechanism, to target the oil onto the gears. It could also be loose wires, either on the time clock terminal board, or on the timer motor. I replaced my pool timer a couple of months ago with a Tork 1109A mechanical 240v timer. Ive reset the time 5 times and just realized that its going counter clockwise. Then after a bit, the pump restarts. Hello, I notice today that my pump wasnt running so I opened the pool breaker panel where the timer is and noticed the breaker was tripped. I mean you could go out and buy the timer for the electrician but you will need his experience to get it installed correctly. If the power has gone out, your just opening your swimming pool for the season or some third reason, you may need to adjust the time on your Intermatic swimming pool timer. How to fix a Pool Pump Timer - Easy replacement using the Intermatic T104 Darren Does Everything Pool Timer Not Turning ON or OFF!! Report B BadOleRoss 0 LifeTime Supporter Apr 30, 2011 393 Lynchburg VA Aug 21, 2012 #8 "url": "https://x1.adis.ws/v1/media/graphics/i/lesl/its-logo-wide",
This page is fantastic!! Can I wire this timer to an outlet or should I search for another solution? Ill revise the scathing review I gave the unit on Amazon ratings to reflect the change. Everythings OK now, unit works just fine. Below is a breakdown of how to wire different Intermatic timer models. This morning the customer said it wasn't turning off. Once you do some you will want to re-tighten the hold down screw on the timer pin so it stays in place. However, intermittently after the ON tripper switches pump on the pump will stop. However, after several hours, maybe overnight, the associated breaker will trip. Using Your Timer to Optimize Your Pool Pump Download Article 1 Check the chemical balance of your pool. Its best to just write down the spots each timer is in, but remember that its a 24 hours cycle so you will need to come back within 24 hours to see if the pins moved. I have an Intermatic t104. Pool pump timers can last up to 20 years, depending on the model. Thanks. The old "off" tripper was fractionally bent. Confused. I went to my houses main panel breaker and Flipped that breaker which leads to the pool panel breaker and replaced that breaker which goes straight to the timer. Do not remove the screws from the trippers. Just turn the timer wheel until the correct time of the day is aligned with the timer marker that is mounted in front of the wheel. Dont know what the issue is. For Sale: 2 beds, 2 baths 1152 sq. THE 10 CLOSEST Hotels to Time Tripper - tripadvisor.ca Terminals 2 and 4 are used for wires going to the load (pump). "identifier": ""
There are many reasons why your pool timer may not be working. I fastened it very securely. Terminal A (farthest to the left side) is not connected to anything. As it get cooler you can cut it down to 5 or 6 hr a day . Set the current time to the center time pointer, pointing downward at 6 oclock. To inspect, shut off power at the breaker, and push on the clip at the top of the box, to allow the mechanism to fall forward, and then you can inspect the vertical copper bars, and see how they shift and come apart (or not), when the switch is turned to off. be sure the pins are pushed onto the edge of the dial fully. },
At some time the timer was disconnected and the pump wired direct to the breakers. For any wiring concerns, always refer to the wiring diagram printed on the inside of the timer door. There is also a light switch for the lighting in the pool in the control panel and when i turn on the switch the light in the pool turns on. Any ideas? Clean the gears with a toothbrush if you see debris or gunk in them. Today is the second day that I have had to turn it on manually. We had a few power outages the last couple of weeks, but Ive reset the time and it continues to lose time. Electricity is dangerous and can kill you if you dont know what youre doing. This product is certified by Amazon to work with Alexa. Yes, seen that before! Close. the timer was directly plugged into a gfci and the pump directly into the timer. "publisher": {
Two days ago after my pool pump shut off automatically I decided to turn it back on because the pool was still dirty. So what would be the problem? Reset the clock to the correct time. Another time clock that you can plug your pump directly into, and then plug the timer into the outlet, is the 24-hr Timer https://www.intheswim.com/p/24-hour-pump-timer (currently we are out of stock, but you can find at any home or hardware store). Pool Timer Parts - Pool and Spa PartsFinder | In The Swim Do you have an answer to why my pump wont turn off or on? Grab it, pull it towards you, move it around then place it back down. Read full answer 2/14/2023 3:20:07 AM Hi Chad, the trip mechanism on the clock, the switch, could be worn to the point where the tripper does not make good contact. The instructions say THIS TIMER IS NOT TO BE USED AS A POWER DISCONNECT. $829,900. Hi David, I suppose that you could wire the T101 from the outlet, but Im not sure if that is in accordance with code. Hello have a question some what related. Hi Derrick, first try to reposition the timer tripper, making sure it is all the way on the dial. If you look closely (with a flashlight and your glasses! Look to see if the clock is set to the correct time. Hi Jennifer, power down (shut off the breaker) again, to see if it will switch back. Here are some pictures. The clock is powered from the Line 1 terminal correct? Hi Cody, if you cannot see any obstruction in the motor gears, or any such mechanical issue, then I would assume an electrical issue, perhaps the wrong voltage for the clock. The tripper will not move. Reference Manual & Buyer's Guide Another Brick in the It is an ON tripper right? May we present Speed Tripper, the second pedal collaboration from Death By Audio and LEVITATION. "url": "https://blog.intheswim.com/"
What Causes Problems With Intermatic Timers? - Reference.com Any idea what may be causing this? OPEN TODAY, 12PM TO 3PM. I am having the same problem. It worked for a day but the day after it didnt work. Electrical Monke Aug 25, 2021 #22 It's broken. "headline": "Intermatic Pool Timer Troubleshooting",
Hi Larry, if you can see the motor gears turning in the visual motor check, you may just need some lubrication added to the tripper mechanism. I need to replace a timer for my pool vacuum. Hi Agnes, have you tried using a cover pump to remove the rain and/or snow melt from the cover? More. Eldon, the breaker should not be bad, but the timeclock may be wired incorrectly. I called Intermatic and there is nothing you can do except check it every time you have a power loss. Theres an issue with the wiring between the circuit breaker and the timer. Partially loosen the screw that holds the "off" pin in place. Just above the yellow clock youll see some holes. In this article, well cover what problems you may find with your Intermatic timer and how you can fix it without having to run to the store. it could also be a failing breaker, but that would be a last resort. Posted by 4 years ago. Once you have confirmed that you timer is working you will need to adjust the timer pins to reflect the time you want your filter system to turn on and off. We may earn a small commission. After a power failure the timer clock can start up backwards, mine has done this several times.
Motorcycle Crash El Paso, Houston Police Scanner Frequencies, Edward Hines Obituary, How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Signal, Articles P