Wenonah Prospector 15 expensive) damage. The Spirit II Ultra is unbelievably light weight, beautifully made, comfortable, big, stable, fast, efficient, tracks great and turns ok. omaha for sale "canoe" - craigslist I have paddled my tuff weave Spirit II for 2 years, I am returned to canoes after 40 years of kayaking. At the time of printing Wenonahs production team is waiting for shipments of more T-Formex sheets, but Renner says many have been already pre-sold. des moines for sale "canoe" - craigslist Not a white-water boat, but can do streams, rivers very well. higher seats provide more flexibility (kneeling for stability, seated for CL. 17 ft Aluminum canoe with flat transom. Wenonah Spirit II Kevlar Canoe - $1,750 (Shakopee) craigslist - Map data OpenStreetMap condition: excellent make / manufacturer: Wenonah model name / number: Spirit II size / dimensions: 17.0 feet 2005 Wenonah Spirit II in Kevlar. Pleasant Hill $3,500 17 ft Aluminum canoe with flat transom A model spirit ii in addition to a countryregion of manufacture equivalent to united states , Fun canoe kayaking. I found the wind moves it around a bit but that is a small thing. You must enable JavaScript to use craigslist. Because when you spin it around its a pretty decent solo canoe. Wenonah Canoes' Spirit II in T-Formex is the culmination of a classic and widely loved canoe with a long-awaited material that underwent a tumultuous journey to production. And last but not least, its very quiet on the water. . This is a plus when paddling with a novice or child in the bow seat and all steering must be done from the stern.My Spirit has the tractor style seats which I find comfortable.My only complaint with the canoe is the fact that it does not come standard with a portage yoke.To install a yoke you must drill out the pop rivets holding in the thwart and then pop rivet brackets into the gunwales.This isn't to hard but time consuming and nerve racking since you are having to drill holes into your new canoe. Plus countless outings around home. My wife and I had talked about getting or building an all-around touring canoe. CL. This after 40 years of Old Town Oltonars, 16 and 18 foot, and a Pack 12 which was horribly tippy and tracked bad. We looked into Wenonah's Minnesota II or 3, but my heart sort of beats for the Northstar Nothwind 20. The Spirit II makes us regret the decades and hundreds of miles we spent oil canning rivers and lakes in our Oltonar canoes. I want a Wenonah Spirit II so bad!! we are 4, my 2 kids are 6 and 9 and weigh 65-75 lbs each my wife is a slender sub 100lbs. refresh results with search filters open search menu. We problem solved and she decided to buy a canoe. Spirit II is a tandem 17' Wenonah Canoe that is made in Minnesota. kansas city for sale "pleasanton" - craigslist. The Spirit II bridged the gap between whitewater tripping boats andthe abundance of 32 to 33-inch waterline canoes deemed too tippy by toomany consumers. T-Formex canoes are incredibly tough and very affordable. I've canoed quite a bit with my father as a kid and now decided to make a purchase on a quality canoe so I can share it with my wife and kids. Very stable and roomy with 2 adults , 1 10 year old and an active golden retriever. It's just cosmetic. Nice vintage retro. The Pack is very light weight, but dangerously tippy, tracks like an intertube, and has no where near it's advertised 600# capacity. This includes an incredible 60 mile+ trip and portage in the back country waters of British Columbia. Finally, if you do buy one, add Wenonah's bent-shaft Brio paddle to the order. Needlesstosay, the contrast between the two boats is severe. The F-150 roof is flat and the sponges slide. The gunwales are great: narrow yet very solid, as are the seat hangers, though I angled the seats just a little to improve kneeling comfort. We finally decided on Royalex -- I just to tip this canoe! In our Ultra-light construction a structural-foam core and ribs are laminated into the hull and sides. It gave us a boat with a much broader appeal that can be usedanywhere, says Renner, 36 years after that bar napkin sketch. MINNESOTA 2 TRIPPER 18`6` Compare. The interior wood is all in great shape, but the outside could use a wax since the clear coat is a bit chalky. all owner dealer. boats. no hidden. My only experience being in alum. After two years of building the Spirit in fiberglass and Kevlar, Wenonah found the process of removing it from the mould was too cumbersome and made a modification to the nose. no favorites. Compare . You can also read the documentation to learn about Wordfence's blocking tools, or visit wordfence.com to learn more about Wordfence. Ultra-light hulls are stiff and incredibly light. I'll experiment with it. stable and great for kids and dogs. Wenonah advertises the Spirit II as ideal for sportsmen, whitewater paddlers, families, kids and pretty much anyone else who wants a do-it-all canoe. BWCA: Souris River canoe vs. Wenonah canoe Wenonah Spirit II Kevlar Canoe - sporting goods - by owner - sale Text, or Call Jeff @ (503) 956-0561, 2023 Basswood Solo 34lbs 15ft 7in $3,499, 2023 Advantage 16.5ft 34lbs $3,599, 2023 Wee Lassie 20lb 10.5ft $2,399, 2022 Wee Lassie 20lbs 10.5ft $2,599, 2022 Wee Lassie 25lbs 12.5ft $2,499, 2022 Encounter 40lbs 17ft $4,299, Questions? duluth for sale "canoes" - craigslist wenonah canoe; price. It also became the center of a family of touring boats. It wenton to become the most successful canoe model in Wenonahs line. I am 75 yrs. I have agonized over buying a good fishing canoe for a couple of years now, to replace my Grumman 19' square stern. lake of ozarks. After the short walk I decided that if durability and price were not themost important factors Id remind you that the Spirit II is available inWenonahs Tuff-weave Flex-Core, Flex-Core with Kevlar and Ultra-lightwith Kevlar layups. The canoe steered well, and with moderate waves I didn't need spray decks - I'm going to purchase (or make) them anyway in the future, just for convenience. After a summer's use (2015). 17' Wenonah Spirit II Canoe - boats - by owner - marine sale First off, it is everything the Wenonah website says it is -- a very versatile, all around usable design. Plenty storage: air. Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourist Association, The Great Canadian Kayak Challenge & Festival. Spirit scratches dings. Anyway we took it on countless day trips last year and stable are an understatement even with the dogs both in the 60lbs. This gives a very secure connection and eliminates rivet heads on the exterior. Since it still makes me happy every time my wife and I use it I haven't found a reason to replace it. The future of Wehonahs top-seller was now in the hands of Esquif Canoes, who announced in 2014 they were concocting T-Formex as a replacement material in their southern Quebec factory. I use it mostly in lakes and 2-3 day river treks. "Balanced" is the best word to describe the Spirit II. I spent 100s of hours in the boat taking very close care of it, always stored inside, and waxed it every other year. It tracks really well, and likes the bent shaft. Wenonah Canoe is the worlds largest maker of canoes using Aramid. They were nervous before they got in the Spirit as a pair for the first time. Choosing a Wenonah Canoe I have the kevlar bow and stern layups. Fully loaded it becomes more stable yet still handles well, even on waves. Rock solid for family days or fishing trips, Flat back for motor mount; paddle not required. Weve had this canoe for about 15 years now, but havent really had time to use it lately due to school/work. Other than having a difficult time making forward progress the boat performed way better than I could have ever imagined. With three I mentioned in my first review that it blew off a roof rack while traveling at speed and it was not pretty anymore but the scrapes and dings did not affect it paddling ease and stablility. We have a lot of rocky streams in our area which influenced my choice. Roomy enough for Boundary Waters style trips, it's even more stable when loaded. all. It was a Spirit II which was just under 50 # and a delight to canoe and transport on my little wagon. Posted Ready To Order? sponges in the 50 MPH + winds that night (14 degrees, as well). Adirondack 16' 0" Escapade 16' 6" Escape 17' 6" . Like a Swiss Army Knife, the Spirit II does everything. If the seats are mounted low enough Tuf-weave canoes offer improved impact resistance and are a great compromise between light weight, performance, and price. February 17th, 2006. very good condition for its age. To see if its truly the kind of canoe a dealer in Missoula could sellto anyone we paddled it in a variety of conditions. This is my tenth canoe so I can compare it with plenty of others. This is the promised follow-up review of the Royalex Spirit II after a 220 mile, 7 1/2 day journey down the West Branch and Main Stem of the Susquehanna River in Pennsylvania. $23,000. If you have paddling experience and are looking for a do-everything canoe thats as efficient as possible, check out our performance touring lineup. Pleasant Hill. Even there Royalex was an advantage as we roped the canoe up and slid it down the other side. $3,500. My second Wenonah canoe. However, I will probably install some Kevlar stem guards since speed isnt an issue. From running class II+ rapids to cursing choppy waters on a big lake it dos great. Similar in concept, this canoe can better suit larger people and heavier loads. I've paddled it tandem and with both my wife AND two young kids aboard. post. I am 6' 215lbs and have been kayaking for the last 9 years. Though Royalex will scratch, it will slide over rocks refresh results with search filters open search menu. Without a doubt, it is one of the very few quintessential touring canoes on the market. Although the boat was quite scraped up it survived with a few ugly scrapes in the gel coat and a snapped rail which was easily repaired. Love the light weight at portages. The 17' We-no-nah Spirit II (woven fiberglass) provided my family and friends with a lot of fun. In 1983 the Spirit II was born. In five days it seemed to have the full spectrum tossed at it from big swirling waves on Snowbank Lake with no oilcanning that I noticed. It also had to look good to the eye. refresh results with search filters open search menu. To be picked up here~, Battery options: the. Sweet, smooth and efficient. Read reviews for the Spirit II by Wenonah Canoe, Inc. as submitted by your fellow paddlers. Full review. It's also stable as a rock unloaded. It was equipped with a third seat which I thought to be a little funny at first. Wenonah's Spirit II, a sleek all-purpose canoe made for multi-day trips, is available in several configurations. We were even caught out in a summer blow up, and waited out the worst of the wind and took off to cross the lake in front of the rain. plenty of room for extra gear. CHAMPLAIN. 3/2 . class two adults and kids a 2 and 4 year old I was only worried about tipping a few time but never did. PRISM SOLO TRIPPING 16`6" Compare. Durable is an understatement. I've owned this boat for two years now and have equipped it with a full tilt sailing rig and pontoons. We bought our Spirit II (royalex) last year at Canoecopia, so this has been our first season. What can I say, have got a lot of stuff. We-No- Na company very nice to deal with. Even in whitewater chop, the boat was so stable. I've had my Spirit II for 25 years and, as much as I love it for tandem canoeing, I love it even more as the platform for my Piantadosi Row Wing sliding seat rower. needless to say we had all our camping equipment in the boat with us which was another 100lbs or so. springfield boats "canoe" - craigslist Anyone into big canoes? | Canoetripping.net Forums When it's loaded with gear or kids, it's fine, but when unloaded it has no rocker at all. So new to us, we haven't put the vessel to any "real" test yet. for sale. But when I considered all the possible uses for this canoe, over 90% without a care for rocks. Easy to fix as it is three separate layers. Tracks well and turns even better. I wish it were faster, but do not hold it against the Spirit II. one of the (few) benefits of a Coleman RAM-x canoe is you can head downstream Testers enjoyed the aesthetics and comfort of its web seats, ash yoke, and wood thwarts. bend. I add a 20 pound anchor up front (behind the rear seat) to trim and add some ballast and that improves things a bit, and using a long kayak paddle keeps you moving along briskly. for sale. post. Why choose n~, Often many pages. Best aerobic workout ever. CL. Wenonah Spirit II Reviews - Trailspace + Add a Review Sign In or Join Hike & Camp Backpacks Daypacks Overnight Packs Weekend Packs Expedition Packs External Frame Packs Winter Packs Hydration Packs Child Carriers Lumbar Packs more Sleeping Bags and Pads Cold Weather Bags 3-Season Bags Warm Weather Bags Sleeping Pads more Navigation Maps St Louis barcos "canoes" - craigslist (Try comparing hull stiffness with, say a NovaCraft 17') The RX also seems very soft, as is wearing at an alarming rate compared to my other boats. I found the boat to be a true pleasure to paddle, has a nice glide, easy to turn, and very stable even with my weight, The boat is not too heavy. model name / number: Spirit II Handles well solo from bow seat. Then in 2013 the plastics company PolyOne announced they would cease production of Royalex sheets. We now bought our 2nd We-no-nah canoe. First understand Im used to our Racer, so these issues may not be issues for most canoeists. We recently bought a Wenonah Spirit II Ultralight. Grand Marais. When I get older (& have more money), I will probably replace it with a lighter Kevlar canoe. I bought a kevcore Spirit II with wood trim and cane seats in '89. Used Wenonah General Touring / Spirit II Canoe - sporting goods - by
Restaurant At Paradise Point St Thomas, Trafford Council Tax Bands, New House Being Built On Mumbles Road, Articles W